Friday, September 7, 2012

Escaping, family and a lot of wine!

Josh and I got to escape a little of the Texas heat and head to Virginia for the Labor Day weekend to visit my bro, Cory, and sis-in-law, Magen.  It was a fab trip filled with a lot of walking, eating, and wine.  Total perfection!

Cory and Magen live outside of Washington, D.C. in a newly renovated house that they have been remodeling by themselves.  It is so darling and definitely inspired me to get my butt in action and get our place a little more completed.  C and M were the most gracious hosts and showed us all of the highlights of D.C., northern Virginia, and Maryland. 

Since most of my vacation photos consisted of inspirational design ideas for the house and all of the antiques and fabulousness I would have bought if we had a UHaul, I thought I should start with a few highlights from our day in D.C.

This way at least I don't seem quite as obsessed with decorating and materialism...I'll start with my cultural side. 

Washington Monument

Taking in the sights as true tourists...minus the fanny packs.

Reflection pool...which just makes me think of Forrest Gump?!

Josh embracing his inner tourist
 
Honest Abe

Air and Space Museum
 
Emerald featured in the Natural Science Museum (I think!?!)
Perfect anniversary gift for a girl that's born in May...hint, hint.
 
More to come soon.
 
Happy Friday!
 
XOXO 
 



1 comment: