Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Retail therapy...

Since life has consisted of couch time, pillows, dark rooms, and medication for the past 10+ days, I've been desperate for ways to make the days better and the pain to stop.

Blue Bell ice cream was working, but I think my body is becoming immune...and slightly more round due to this drug of choice. Maybe not so good in the long term...excellent for the short term.

Shoes, however, always make me feel better. I believe retail therapy as a whole has true healing powers.

Since I've been confined to soft, dark places for awhile, a little internet fantasy shopping has been a great outlet for pain relief. Since it's all fantasy shopping it doesn't actually hurt my checking account either.

I recently discovered Couture Zappos...the shoe, bag, and clothes boutique of Zappos.com. I'm sure most of you have already discovered this goodness, but I'm slow and injured. So cut me some slack. If you haven't checked out the site yet, go here and prepare to oooh and ahhh.

Each of these pretties came from there and is like a cool rag on my forehead...soothing the throbbing.












Kate Spade's Blooming Wedges

I LOVE all of these...and after posting them, I'm seeing an unknown love of espadrilles.

Each of these have reduced the throbbing and helped my mind to clear.

Maybe I am on the road to recovery? Perhaps I should try a little more Blue Bell just to make sure there aren't any setbacks. Better safe than sorry.


No comments:

Post a Comment