Monday, June 4, 2012

Forgive me, I'm 33.

Forgive me for being absent.  I've been...well...getting older. 

I know it's been awhile so I'm not even sure where to start.  I can sum it all up a little better with pictures.

Let's start with this...

I recently came home to find this floating in my pool. 


Yep, it is a shopping cart. 

Josh "modified" it by cutting off the bottom wheels to make it a floating fish basket...he added some lovely noodles and some Styrofoam buoys. 

My gorgeous, new pool is now the testing facility for fishing gear.  Why hadn't I expected this?

All I can think about when I see this is Jeff Foxworthy's famous skit..."You might be a redneck if..."

I guess you can say we are both into junk though.  Check out the recent garage sale/charity fundraiser table I scored for $20.00.  The chairs were an additional $5.00.  I think it was a great buy.  Josh says, "they saw you coming."


Don't worry...I plan on adding an actual seat.  It's on the to-do list.

I think the new table and chairs fits in perfectly with our rustic attire on the porch.

I also scored the coolest carts at the same garage sale/charity fundraiser. 
They are from the old Levi Strauss jean factory. 

They came complete with the old jean threads still caught in the wheels. 
I adore them and have plans to make them into side tables or serving carts for the porch. 
They've also been added to the rapidly growing to-do list.

During May I also celebrated my 33rd birthday. 

33!?!?!

My birthday involved a few of these...

I seriously have no idea how I became this age.  Really. 
 It's a great age, don't get me wrong, I just don't know where the last 5 or 10 years went. 

I got a very special birthday gift this year.  More Belties. 
I got 4 momma cows and 2 new babies!!


We've doubled the herd and it's really exciting!


Alright, I'm glad to catch up with you.  I hope to do better in June.

Thanks for sticking with me.

XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment