Monday, November 8, 2010

Apologies...

My apologies for leaving you hanging for almost a week.  I'm sure you are on pins and needles just waiting to hear about my dining room. 

How have you even been able to sleep?!

Things have been a little nuts...last week brought about 4 bible studies, a lot of preparation for a shower that I was co-hosting, the birth of a new precious little girl, an air conditioning guy pretending to be Santa falling through our ceiling, and a handful of other crazy activities that I am struggling to remember. 

I have lots to share about a beautiful shower my sister-in-law and I hosted for our sister-in-law yesterday, but I need to share some of the progress on the dining room first. 

Remember, we started with this...



And then I started doing this...



 
And now, here is our freshly redone dining table...





With a little bit of sanding, a little bit of painting, and a little more sanding, a traditional piece went from looking new and polished to rustic and casual.  Exactly what I was searching for.

More details to come...I promise. 

I do. 

I just need to catch up on laundry and life...oh and schedule a carpenter to come repair a big hole in our porch ceiling.

Yes, the A/C guy "forgot" to walk on the rafters in our ceiling and fell through feet first on Friday afternoon.  No, he was not hurt...thankfully.  I, however, still hurt a little from laughing so hard at his feet dangling through the ceiling.  When asked about his lapse in judgment, I appreciated his attempt at explaining the accident.  He believes some of the nails might be loose in our ceiling.  I think the 200 lb. man walking on them might have something to do with it, but I'm no expert...

Happy Monday! 

No comments:

Post a Comment