Saturday, April 7, 2012

A blessed Easter...

Happy Easter! 

Since Easter does get turned into a commercial holiday so much of time, filled with bunnies, eggs, baskets, and treats, I believe it's important to reflect on what the holiday is really about.  Now, I know that this can difficult to do with little guys around but sharing Jesus' story is so important...especially this weekend. 

I too am guilty of the commercial buy in to the holiday, don't judge...we've purchased 2 bags of Starburst jelly beans and a chocolate rabbit currently sits headless in the kitchen.  However, you can celebrate the true meaning of Easter in fun/practical ways with your family.  I think Darby at Fly Through Our Window (one of my favorite family blogs) shared an excellent way to reflect on Easter's meaning and importance with a recipe for Resurrection Cookies a couple of years ago. If you have little ones around this would be a perfect activity to make with them today. 


I hope you all have a blessed weekend and are able to spend some time thanking Jesus for His sacrifice for our lives.

Have a wonderful Easter!

XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment